A few months ago, I shared a story here on the Lauren’s Hope Blog about being at work when my lips and tongue swelled up due to an allergic reaction. As instructed at Urgent Care, I did follow up with my Primary Care Physician right away, and she ran some blood work to test for
Spring has sprung, and that means it’s time for blooming flowers, budding trees, freshly cut lawns, itchy noses and tight chests. Spring is the peak season for those living with Asthma and Allergies, so it’s a great time to spread awareness about the diseases that affect over 60 million Americans.
October is National Bullying Prevention Month. Although bullying is in the news regularly these days, many people aren’t truly clear on what constitutes bullying and why these anti-bullying programs are in place.
So a few weeks back, I had my six-year-old daughter, Julia, tested for food allergies. She’s always had a bit of a weak stomach, and I’d noticed it was worse when she had chocolate, but then she’d drink chocolate almond milk every day (a switch we made after she showed herself to be a bit
On Monday, January 2, the unthinkable happened. Ammaria Johnson, a seven-year-old first grader at Hopkins Elementary School in Chesterfield County, Virginia, died at school after suffering an allergic reaction to a peanut product. The school was instructed to give Ammaria Benadryl in case of an emergency – a second-best backup plan since the school refused