5 Things EVERYONE Can Do to Support Diabetes Awareness
Lauren’s Hope has always supported diabetes research, awareness, and hope for a cure. We’ve featured blog posts about diabetes, giving helpful hints and stories of hope for those courageous souls living with this condition. Now, we are asking all of our friends and customers –whether they have diabetes or not – to take just a few moments to learn what they can do to support diabetes research, awareness, and hope for a cure, too.
November is American Diabetes Month. Nearly 26 million Americans are living with either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, and another person is diagnosed every 17 seconds. That person might not be your mom, your son, your sister or your husband – but they’re someone’s.
Even if diabetes hasn’t affected you personally, here are a few simple things you can do this month to show the diabetes community you care:
What you can do:
1. Educate Yourself. Visit www.diabetes.org to learn everything you need to know about this widespread condition.
2. Pop quiz. Take this quick test by Stop Diabetes to determine your risk for developing Type 2 diabetes, and then learn what you can do to prevent it.
3. Take the pledge. Give thirty seconds of your time to take the American Diabetes Month pledge on Facebook, and encourage your friends to do the same.
4. Spread the word. Invite your friends, family, and coworkers to join the fight against diabetes through social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, or send this already-drafted email to all the contacts in your network.
5. Arm your loved ones. If you do know someone who is living with diabetes, encourage them to download our FREE Diabetes Emergency Kit and to wear a medical ID bracelet –Lauren's Hope has lots of great styles to choose from, and they make great gifts, too!